Volume One, 2011
Bach's consummate musicianship through the lenses of
musicology, history, theory, and performance.
Improvisation pedagogy for professional musicians.
1. Improvisation as Extemporaneous Composition
2. Tenacity, Touch, and Fingering
3. Thoroughbass and Cadences
4. Chorales and Harmonization
5. Counterpoint and Chorale Partitas
6. Bach as Teenager: The Neumeister Collection
7. Bach at Forty-Something: Dance Suites
8. Interludes and Cadenzas
11. A Thesis on Continuo Playing by J. S. Bach
12. Concerti, Cantatas, and Continuo Playing
13. Partimento Fughette
14. Bach for a Lifetime: Fugues